A person’s steps are directed by the Lord - Proverbs 20:24.
We will receive the direction of God in our life as we seek His guidance. Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long - Psalm 25:4,5. The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives - Psalm 37:23.
Jacob got the direction of God by offering sacrifices to God before his Journey to see Joseph in Egypt
So Israel took his journey with all that he had, and came to Beersheba, and offered sacrifices to the God of his father Isaac. Then God spoke to Israel in the visions of the night, and said, “Jacob, Jacob!” And he said, “Here I am.” So He said, “I am God, the God of your father; do not fear to go down to Egypt, for I will make of you a great nation there. I will go down with you to Egypt, and I will also surely bring you up again; and Joseph will put his hand on your eyes.” Then Jacob arose from Beersheba; and the sons of Israel carried their father Jacob, their little ones, and their wives, in the carts which Pharaoh had sent to carry him. So they took their livestock and their goods, which they had acquired in the land of Canaan, and went to Egypt, Jacob and all his descendants with him. His sons and his sons’ sons, his daughters and his sons’ daughters, and all his descendants he brought with him to Egypt - Genesis 46:1-7.
David got the direction of God by inquiring God before pursuing troops to rescue his family
So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?” And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.” - 1 Samuel 30:8. So David recovered all that the Amalekites had carried away, and David rescued his two wives. And nothing of theirs was lacking, either small or great, sons or daughters, spoil or anything which they had taken from them; David recovered all - 1 Samuel 30:18,19.
Let us seek God to direct us and follow His direction. Lead me and guide me - Psalm 31:3. I will direct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will direct you with My loving eye on you - Psalm 32:8.This is the way, walk in it,' when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left - Isaiah 30:21. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways - Psalm 91:11. And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail - Isaiah 58:11.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, Let us seek Your guidance and follow Your direction in our life. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Amen.
ReplyDelete