Friday, August 7, 2026

A Time To Keep Silence

 A time to keep silence, And a time to speak - Ecclesiastes 3:7b.

A time to keep silence - To guard our mouth

              God wants us to be silent by guarding our mouth to avoid unnecessary problems. He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity - Proverbs 21:23. He who guards his lips guards his life - Proverbs 13:3. A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger - Proverbs 15:1. To answer before listening— that is folly and shame - Proverbs 18:13.  Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry - James 1:19.

A time to keep silence - To give place for God to work

               God wants us to be silent to give place for God to work in our situations. Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth - Psalm 46:10. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still - Exodus 14:14. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways - Psalm 37:7.

               Jesus Himself kept silent in many situations. When accused by the chief priests and elders, He remained silent. And the high priest arose and said to Him, “Do You answer nothing? What is it these men testify against You?” But Jesus kept silent - Matthew 26:62-63. And the high priest stood up in the midst and asked Jesus, saying, “Do You answer nothing? What is it these men testify against You?” But He kept silent and answered nothing - Mark 14:60,61.

                Let us keep silent by guarding our mouth and by giving place for God to work in our life. But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content - Psalm 131:2. The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing - Proverbs 12:18. A soothing tongue is a tree of life - Proverbs 15:4.                                                                                                            

PRAYER: Dear Lord, Let us keep silent by guarding our mouth by and be a blessing. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment