Thursday, August 13, 2026

Encourage Yourself

David encouraged himself in the Lord his God - 1Samuel 30:6.

            David and his men were greatly distressed when Amalekites burned Ziklog with fire and took away their wives, and their sons, and their daughters as captives. But David encouraged himself in the Lord. David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives. And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God - 1Samuel 30:3, 6.

              David encouraged himself in all situations by praising God, by waiting for God alone, by trusting God for help, by meditating God's Word and by calming and quieting his soul.

By praising God

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God - Psalm 43:5.

By waiting for God alone

Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved - Psalm 62:1,2.

My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God - Psalm 62:5-7.

By trusting God for help

The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him - Psalm 28:7.

By meditating God's Word

If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction - Psalm 119:92.

By calming and quieting soul

Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, Like a weaned child with his mother; Like a weaned child is my soul within me - Psalm 131:2.                                                                          

PRAYER: Dear Lord, Let us encourage ourselves in all situations by praising You, by waiting for You alone, by trusting You for help, by meditating Your Word and by calming and quieting our soul. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment