Monday, September 7, 2026

Do Not Compare Yourself With Others

                   For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise - 2 corinthians 10:12.

                 We are not wise when we compare ourselves with others. For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it? You are already full! You are already rich! - 1 Corinthians 4:7-8. We will never compare us with others when we follow only God, examine our own actions, be content and be thankful in all circumstances. 

Follow only God

You follow Me - John 21:22. Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us - Ephesians 5:1,2.

Examining our own actions

Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load - Galatians 6:4.

Be content in all circumstances

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:11-13.

Be thankful

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus -1 Thessalonians 5:18.

                                                                               

PRAYER: Dear Lord, Let us follow only You, examine our own actions, be content and be thankful in all circumstances instead of comparing ourselves with others. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen. 

1 comment: